Sunday, January 27, 2008

my first long sunday walk of 2008


two views of my beach from today's
long sunday walk before the rain.
the view on the top is overlooking the south bay looking north.  the view on the bottom is Redondo Beach and looking south to the Palos Verdes Peninsula.  luckily i carried a small travel umbrella as i was caught in a big rain storm as i left the beach which is about 2 miles from my home.  my shoes were soaked.  but it felt good to be out getting some exercise.  i am sure it wasn't good for my cough but i still have time to rest.
in this little video you can see the rain rushing down the street forming little waves at every driveway.  you can see where the rain has caused some of the street to give way.  and another
pothole is born.

i just found out i don't have to report to jury duty
tomorrow so perhaps another long walk after
listening to The Tom Morton Show on BBC Scotland.
i can see blue sky to the east from my front window.
i will go check to see if there is going to be a
beautiful sunset.