Monday, February 4, 2008

Mardi Gras, Smooth Jazz and as always...more

here's a little taste of the Mardi Gras party at the Farmer's Market www.farmersmarketla.com this past saturday.  this band is T-Lou and the Super Hot Zydeco Band.   this was my second time to see T-Lou and his band
and it was more fun than the first time because this time, there was a party atmosphere surrounding me as you can see in one of the photos below.
T-Lou is playing the accordion.  that is his nephew on the washboard.
                                                                                          


i arrived too late to see the Dog Parade but here is one of the contestants i saw later
in the evening at The Grove (upscale shopping/dining/people watching/entertainment area located right beside the Farmer's Market) where i happen to be at the right place, right time for
some smooooth jazz.  i just wished i had worn pants as it became quite cool
as the night wore on.   well let me clear that up about not wearing pants as it has nothing to do with the Mardi Gras party.  i was wearing my usual black shorts and black CANADA sweatshirt and hiking shoes...at least not my usual flip flops.  and for some reason that CANADA sweatshirt still gets more attention than any t-shirt i have ever worn adverising such things as my bunjee jump in New Zealand, my LA marathons, my canopy tour in Costa Rica, the Machu Pichu trail or even the Hard Rock t-shirts from several cities in Japan.
meanwhile back at my blog about saturday,  
i had intended only to stay for the first band at 1pm so i could get back
to my area to see the pop singer Lisa Loeb who was giving a free concert
at the Border's bookstore near my home.  but, i stayed until almost 10pm
and remember thinking "this is the one of the most enjoyable days i have
had since...my last most enjoyable day".  and that day may have been the day before...