Tuesday, July 29, 2008

going home . . . i hope

"and hope is a good thing".  (Shawshank Redemption reference). i am trying for the 730a flight home to LA. it is full so i might be "riding the jumpseat" but if that is what it takes . . .

more about Edinburgh and the music festivals and the Piper's Trail and the bonny Scottish weather and Kelvingrove and my all-male crew when i get home. and of course, many photos and video too.

Home Again
and what a homecoming.  within 15 minutes of stepping in my front door we had a nice little earthquake.  i think i heard it was around a 5.8 something and centered somewhere in the valley.  no damage here in the south bay.  the water in the pool was swaying.  and inside my apartment my windchimes were chiming.  i grabbed my camera and was ready for "the big one" but all i got on film was a few seconds of the sounds of windchimes. i have always been pro-windchime so . . . " i've got that going for me".


no, i had no kiss waiting for me at home. i took this on saturday in Edinburgh near the Royal Mile after the Mardi Gras/ Blues Festival at The Grassmarket.  more photos and videos to follow (my nap).


girl on the train from Waverly to Queen Street


Scotland . . .somewhere near Falkirk High or Linlithgow or was it Croy


Lyndon Anderson.  wait to you hear him sing and play the harmonica.


and what was the umbrella for?  sun?  rain?  no. . . for dancing with the Criterion Brass Band






The Grassmarket runneth over


cheeseburgers, chips and a castle