Thursday, July 31, 2008

signs, signs, everywhere a sign

the last day of july and "june gloom" is still hanging out this morning.  i will walk to the beach whilst it is still gray, still cool and still so very still.

before i go, here is a photo from Rose Street in Edinburgh that caught my eye.

not sure if the two signs were meant to be read together but i found it a bit amusing.


here is my old friend keeping a close eye on me as i start my walk to the beach.


i did look for him as i made my way to the beach. . . i think he might have had too much of a head start.


when i arrived at the beach the "june gloom" was almost gone as the blue sky was waiting to take over.  

i remember this car as the Thing.  i found out it is called the Trekker in the UK and the Safari in Mexico.  officially it was a Volkswagen 181

a few seconds of summer at the beach 


today's coincidence is the bike rider in the photo.  i just had a nice talk with him before he started his ride back home and i started my walk back home.  his name is John and he is a retired police detective.  hopefully someday i will be in good enough shape to ride with him.
i think he said he has ridden 7000 miles this year... which is approximately 7000 more miles than i have ridden.  he has also ridden down to San Diego five or six times this year.  it brought back memories of my 1998 ride down to Tijuana, Mexico.  i really must get a new bike.


last sign for the day.                                                                                                                             
i am waiting for my first bus to start my public transportation adventure back home after the Culver City concert.  i am listening to my iPod and there beside me at the bus stop is . . .

and about 20 minutes later i am sitting at the bus stop at the corner of Venice and Lincoln around 10pm hoping the Big Blue Bus would be arriving soon so i could catch my third bus to get back home and not have to wait another hour to catch the last bus of the evening from the LAX transportation center.  i was listening to Venice (i downloaded three of their songs from iTunes before my bus adventure to the Culver City thursday night concert series) on my iPod and right above me is. . .

"Signs"  by the Five Man Electrical Band.

the keyword for tonite is . . . VENICE . . .more tomorrow on. . . VENICE.