Thursday, October 16, 2008

thoughts as 1:07pm became 1:53pm, as 1987 becomes 2008


this could have been me almost 20 year ago (but no Tony back then)

as i was laying on the beach, early afternoon, mid-week, i thought this is the same thing i was doing 19 year and half years ago when i first moved to the South Bay. Steve and i moved from Pittsburgh to Redondo Beach in late March, 1989.  his life is a little different nowadays (understated for effect) which is why he wasn't on the beach with me (and Tony) this afternoon. my life is almost the same as it was almost 20 years ago. and as i was thinking upon that i realized that we started training in Pittsburgh on the 18th of October (i think), so we actually met on the 17th.  i thought i had the hotel room to myself until Steve knocked on the door and said he was to be my roommate for the duration of training.  little did we know we would live together for the next 6 years and still be friends over 21 years later.  and it was on the 18th where we met our classmates Mike and Jimmy.  Mike (previous blog entries) is still in my life.  his life has greatly changed also. Jimmy is still in Mike's life. so one could say Jimmy is still on the outer edges of my life.  those are a few of my thoughts while trying not to get too much sun on this mid-October summer-like thursday afternoon.  it felt good to fall asleep in the sun listening to the ocean after a short three and half mile walk to get to this part, my favorite part of the beach.  i did "play" in the water enough to get my shorts wet (and my camera wet) (another story for another day).

 
about a size 10 and a half and one sand dollar.  correct change, please.

i thought my footprints reminded me of something.


a two umbrella day for her