Thursday, February 26, 2009

Renai shashin 恋愛写真 and postcards too

i decided not to go outside today until i organize a little more.  clean up my place a little more. one thing lead to another and i am back at my computer going thru my iTunes account and found this video. it is the theme song to one of my favorite movies, "Tada, Kimi o Aishiteru".  this song is by Ai Otsuka called Renai Shashin which means "photographs of love".  

i found this postcard while going thru some shoeboxes labeled "stuff from Japan 08"

this was from the charming craft shop in Kyoto which i came across by chance while looking for some temple or shrine or garden or just wandering the backstreets.  i also found some Christmas ornaments i bought there but forgot to give away... maybe next year unless i misplace them again.  i will try to find some photos that the owner and his wife allowed me take inside the shop.  (can anyone read the name of the shop which is on the gold seal to the right of the postcard?)

it is time consuming (luckily i have a lot of time) but fun going thru "stuff".  i found this photo before my nap. i was looking for it recently as my "oldest" friend was celebrating her _ _ th birthday.

the photo says i was 8 years old which makes this photo  _ _ years old.  can you find me?  my friend Peggy is in the first row in the red dress.

ok, what was in this box of old photos  . . .

first assignment from my first and only photography class.  it was fun learning how to use a dark room.  good times... taking a photo, developing the film and printing your own photographs.

 last photo                                                 Michelle