Thursday, February 12, 2009

walk before the next storm

just about to go for a long walk to the beach.  "they" say it may be raining tomorrow and thru the weekend.  here is a nice song to start my walk . . .
Standing there ...                             Bonobos

from Russia with Love

and what do these photos have in common?
perspectiv

_____________________________________________________________


no rain today.  another nice day for walk in the south bay.  i did lose track of time today . . . and by that i mean, somehow i lost my watch.  i had it as i walked along Redondo Beach.  and as i walked thru the farmer's market. and on Redondo Pier.  i had it at Redondo Beach library where i checked out six dvds, one book and one cd.  it was on my way to Hermosa Beach that i realized i no longer had my watch on.  so, i retraced my steps all the way back to the beach along Redondo Beach.  no luck.  no problem.  the funny thing is i noticed early in my walk that i was wearing a watch and actually thought to myself "why am i wearing a watch? i have no place to be that requires me to be anywhere at a specific time."  plus, my iPod and camera have a clock on them.  maybe i will get another one, maybe i won't.  i will need one when i return to work in April.  if you remember, i bought the watch a couple of months ago.  it was the simple, no frills, Timex with 2 hands to tell the time...not digital.   here are some photos from my walk.  i think i walked about 8 miles before catching the bus home after getting a few more groceries at Trader Joe's.  i really enjoyed the guy flying the kite with the colorful tail. i actually had to put my sweatshirt on as it was very cold with the wind blowing. i will add some video of the kite tomorrow to my blog or to youtube.  the book i checked out is the new one by Pico Iyer called The Open Road: The Global Journey of the Fourteenth Dalai Lama. the cd is called Bare by Annie Lennox.  i will explain why another time.  and 5 of the 6 dvds are mysteries.  the sixth one is an Italian film called The Keys to the House.










lady bug and cricket






love hurts




endless summer/winter/summer







our first traffic circle



chocolate sunflower seeds at Trader Joe's