Wednesday, April 29, 2009

sunflowers, blue sky, a new pinwheel and Casiopea

the simple joy of holding a pinwheel in the wind.  the Japanese word for pinwheel is kazaguruma.  here is an interesting video i found about a unique kazaguruma.
blooming near my home

well, i did get a little more done today than yesterday.  EVA Airlines said there is a seat for me on friday's flight from LAX to KIX.  FedEx is helping me return some Crocs that were too big.  i walked to Target for a few things for my trip and then took the bus back to Office Depot for some new ink for my printer.  that sounds like a full day to me.  and i made a little video (above).  the music is Wildflowers by Akira Jimbo.  and Akira Jimbo is who?  he is the drummer for Casiopea (below). i first heard this song about 25 years ago and have the cassette tape to prove it.


cover art of the 1985 album Halle by Casiopea.  their sound reminds me of a warm summer day (or late April) with a pinwheel spinning in the breeze and a sunflowers yellow's petals reaching for the sky.