Monday, January 25, 2010

early sun, late clouds

when i left for the gym this morning around 7am, it was clear and a brisk 43F. yes, i was the only person walking wearing (or wearing walking) shorts and of course my CANADA sweatshirt. it did warm up by the time i left the gym around 1130am but the clouds have returned and there may be rain tomorrow. after the gym i went to Mitsuwa Market for a few groceries...tofu, miso, ocha. i am still looking for a Toradoshi Fugetsudo Gaufre tin. i am not even sure if they made them for this Year of The Tiger. i will have to check the Fugetsudo main store next time i am in Kobe. and since i was there (Mitsuwa Market area), i decided on some chicken teriyaki from Teriyaki Inn. and when i say i was in the area, i mean it took me two buses to get there from the gym which means two buses to get home. i did have to warm up the teriyaki chicken but it was delicious as always. there goes my 3 hours of cardio workout in one meal. i really need to look up some trips for SAP-ing purposes as i got my 2nd choice for my March work schedule . . . and then call Mike in Holiday as he is the expert on SAP. (no, not the maple syrup kind)(maybe that too). but, i think it is time for a little post-workout post-lunch nap. and then i need to start my Recurrent workbook. and clean my apartment. and get organized . . . tomorrow.

just a hint of the morning sun in the gym parking lot

a few more images from yesterday's walk to the beach . . .




this is the beach i call my beach. can you see the snow on the mountains in the distance?