Saturday, January 9, 2010

a human element (sometimes)

the other day while looking for some "thank you" cards in my drawer full of cards, postcards, writing paper, some photos, newspaper clippings, i found this old cartoon taped to the back of a Skagit Vallet Tulip Festival postcard (from the time Tracy and i flew to Seattle and drove up into British Columbia which must have been around 1996). the cartoon is from 2002.
i having been taking photos with my feet in them since 1982 . . .

this is similar to the first photo i took with my feet in them except that in this photo i was on Redondo Beach on Christmas Day. and i was on the beach in Cozumel some 28 years ago when i took that first "feet photo". also, that first "feet ( not feet-first) photo" was taken with my first Canon 35mm while the above photo was taken with my 5 or 6th compact digital camera (the Casio one). and that first "feet photo" was taken by chance as i was enjoying the setting sun and i noticed the sparkles from the ocean in and around my toes as i lay on the warm sand. the above photo was taken with a purpose . . . trying to get a sunstar between my feet.

these photos were taken about an hour ago on the way back from the gym. (day 8 out of 9)

this iris bloomed this morning. i thought it looked kind of like a dragon or fox from this angle.

the last poinsettia amongst the last of the fallen leaves

this video helps me get thru my 2 hours of cardio at the gym. "please forgive me if i act a little strange . . . " at 3:50, i usually crank it up a level or two or three (on whatever cardio-training equipment i happen to be on) as the audience starts cheering me on. wow, the drummer is incredible ... no extra cardio workout needed for him.