Monday, March 2, 2009

are you ok?

i think you can tell where i went today by these photos . . .

it's not Fukuroda . . . by chance, by coincidence i saw a little travel story last night before my sunday night Japanese drama about Fukuroda Waterfalls.  actually i did not know where they were but i found them today doing a little searching on the internet.  another interesting coincidence is  that they are near a town called Daigo.  and Daigo is?  the falls are in Ibaraki prefecture.  and that is where i worked in the . . . tofu-ya.  i wish i would have known about this beautiful place back then.  maybe if i ever make it back to Saitama to see Sakuma-san, i can visit these falls.  until then i am looking forward to my walk along the Minoo takimichi later this month.


these little waterfalls are near my doctor's office. i went to have my blood taken for my upcoming physical.  apparently i do not do well after not eating for 12 hours and then giving blood.  i am much better now, thanks for asking.  i walked home from the doctor's office thru the waterfall trail where i stopped to have an energy bar and watch the ducks but before home i stopped to get a hair cut. . . very very short again.  it had been 6 months since my last haircut.  now finally at 1pm, it is time for lunch.

and a quick "thanks" to Mike for helping me with my April schedule.  officially i am now off until my my 3-day trip on April 16th.  today i will call EVA Airlines to check on "availability" of seats for their non-stop flight from LAX-KIX around the middle of March.
_________________________________________________
a few more images from yesterday's long walk.  as you can see the sky was very colorful as well as entertaining with it's cloud formations.  as i was nearing home i could see snow on the mountains.

this was my first time to see such a kite.



one, two or three poppies?  i really do like taking photos of shadows (かげ).  it is interesting (to me) to take photos of things that . . . are not really there . . .  a permanent image of something impermanent.


looking up (of course) and west.

looking up (of course) and east.
looking up and north.