Monday, March 23, 2009

first walk to Minoo Waterfall and a few more sakura

finally, i made it to the Minoo Taki (waterfalls). i knew the streams from the falls would be very photogenic today because of the heavy rains yesterday. one of the most interesting things i saw but didn`t get a photo of was a bird flying into a little waterfall. i didn`t see him come out. is it possible he has a nest inside the waterfall? another photo i did take but it didn`t come out so clear is of a saru-san (monkey) walking past me at the bridge by the waterfall. i had been taking a long exposure of the waterfalls when i saw the monkey walking towards me...and i forgot to reset my camera causing the monkey to be a wee bit blurry (or perhaps i was afraid he was going to chase me like my last encounter with the Minoo monkeys in november). on the walk back home i found a "botan zakura" or was it a "yae zakura" (or are they both the same) starting to bloom. it is much bigger than the regular sakura.

first sakura photo - ohanami 2009 - with new Canon digital SLR . . . how does it look?

Noriko`s Father went to his senior day-care today which gave a little break to her and her Mother. it seems his condition is getting worse. it is a difficult and a sad to see situation. he met me at the front gate when i return from my walk and all seemed well until . . .

dinner was delicious . . . horse mackerel with a sweet sake sauce was the main course. we had hotcakes for a late breakfast. and i have a sakura cookie waiting for an after dinner snack.

it was much colder today but tomorrow is supposed to be another fine day. time to get my "bids" done for my May schedule so i can email them to Mike so he can input them for me.