Friday, September 5, 2008

it's a jungle out there

another Monk marathon day.  .   . and i don't mean 26.2 miles.  tonite will be Monk's 100th episode. time for a little breakfast.

later that/this same day:
well, i didn't get in 26.2 miles but i did get two nice walks in today.  the second one was in the evening just before sunset and just after a ... my usual teriyaki dinner.  and i will say i do feel better walking after dinner instead of laying on the couch watching tv.  my first walk was to the Redondo Beach Library again to turn in some dvds and check-out a few more (Inspector Morse). no stopping at Makudo on my way back to Redondo Pier where i caught the Torrance #3 bus to Mitsuwa Market for some tofu, miso and nasu.  that's when i decided i would stop by Teriyaki Inn for my usual friday night teriyaki.  from there a short walk to the bus stop and one transfer and one hour later i was home re-heating my teriyaki dinner.

here is Wyatt.  i met him and Mabel on my way out of the apartment complex.

i am not ready yet . . .

ok, chheeeezzzz

Mabel

yes, that is a cactus blooming.

it's a 1951 Ford but . . . it was taken on my walk today

Rocketship Park with the view of the south bay (and the marine layer at sunset).

i found this sign on my walk up to Rocketship Park and now i know what i will be doing on sunday after the US Open and my sunday walk (or possibly before watching the taped US Open so . . . don't tell me who wins).

looking south along Redondo Beach to Palos Verdes, warm but a little overcast around 2pm.

so there was sitting at the bus stop minding my own business when i saw it ... the billboard...
taunting me.  and as Randy Newman sang . . .